- Term dates
- School admissions
- School directory
- School meals
- School closures
- School governors
- Music in Schools
- Schools in service days
- Exclusions from school
- Scheme for financing schools
- Children missing education (CME)
- Ethnic minority and traveller achievement service
- School plans and policies
- Services for schools and academies
Your child may qualify for free home to school transport depending on your:
- location (where you live)
- child's age
If your child has special educational needs (SEN) or a disability they might also be eligible.
We provide home to school transport for children who live further than the legal walking distance from appropriate neighbourhood school (two miles for primary school and 3 miles for secondary school).
Secondary school pupils who are in receipt of free school meals or whose household qualifies for the maximum level of working tax credits will also qualify for free school travel if they attend:
- one of their three nearest qualifying schools and live between two and six miles away
- the nearest suitable school (preferred on grounds of religion or belief) and live between two and 15 miles away
In a small number of cases, school pupils need help because they have additional needs. These may include pupils with special educational needs or physical disabilities. For more information please see transport for pupils with additional needs.
Free home to school transport for all pupils not attending their catchment area school ceased from September 2015.
We still provide free transport to school for eligible pupils qualifying under the means tested scheme.
How to apply
To apply, please download the application form below.
This application form can be used to apply for a pass at any stage in the school year. If you require a new pass for the beginning of the September term you must have submitted your application by 7 June 2019.