Services we arrange and monitor (Commissioning)
We identify, buy, and monitor social care services to meet the needs of people living in Gateshead. This is what we call commissioning.
The role of commissioning is to:
- understand the needs and ambitions of the people of Gateshead, now and in the future
- plan services to meet those needs, working with partners and service providers
- arrange the best quality services, in the right place, at the right price and at the right time
- monitor the quality of services to ensure that people are kept safe
- continually review and monitor services to ensure that they meet needs and achieve outcomes