The Government has announced that from 1 April 2019, a retail discount can be awarded to occupied retail properties with a rateable value under £51,000 where the property is being used for the sale of goods and services to visiting members of the public. If you are entitled, a discount will be applied to your account which will reduce your net rates bill by a third.
If this is not already shown on your bill and you think that you should be entitled to the discount, please follow the link below to make an application.
You do not need to pay anyone to apply for this discount.
Beware of business rates scams and fraud. Find out more to help protect yourself.
More from this section
- Business rates electronic billing
- Business Rates Booklet 2019 (pdf)
- Business rates on Gov.uk
- Business rates refunds
- Business Rates scams and fraud
- Gateshead Council Budget Information 2019-20
- Gateshead Council Financial Information 2019-20 (pdf)
- Police and Crime Commissioner Information 2019-20 (pdf)