- Creating safe space in Gateshead
- Roads, highways and pavements
- Transport planning
- Public rights of way
- Highways Asset Management Plan
- Flood Risk Management Strategy
- Highway maintenance schemes
- Abandoned vehicles
- Public transport
- School travel map
- Cycling in Gateshead
- Road safety
- Changes to road layouts in Gateshead town centre
Co-wheels offer a pay-as-you-go alternative to owning a car. It allows you day-to-day access and the freedom of a car when you need one, but none of the expensive overheads and hassle of owning a car. The low membership fee and simple drive-away charges cover everything including road tax, insurance, MOT, servicing, maintenance and cleaning. There are fifteen cars located at Gateshead Civic Centre; it's also possible to use one of the eight cars based across Newcastle.
Cars are available to the public from 6pm on weekdays and all day Saturday and Sunday.
Get started with Co-wheels
- Join at the Co-wheels website (members of the public) or by emailing GoSmarter@gateshead.gov.uk (Gateshead Council staff)
- Follow the directions on screen. You must be aged over 18 (having held a driving license for 1 year) and have no more than 6 points on your driving licence to join. You will need your driving license to complete your application.
- Book online up to 12 months in advance or one minute before you need to use the car.
- Drive - You will be sent a smartcard to open the car door and you're off.
Contact Co-wheels on 0191 375 1050 or visit Co-wheels to find out more.