- Property and land
- Business rates
- Business support
- Invest in Gateshead
- Trading standards
- Food safety
- Business centres
- Free outdoor WiFi
- COVID-19 Business Support Grants: Local Authority Discretionary Grant Fund
- Better Broadband in Gateshead
- Facilities Management Solutions
- Shop local and shop safely
Health and Safety
Health and Safety standards
You must ensure that your business meets the necessary health and safety standards and procedures. Find out more about these standards on the Health and Safety Executive website.
Report an accident
It is the legal duty of employers, the self-employed and people in control of work premises to report serious workplace accidents, occupational diseases and specified dangerous occurrences (near misses).
We enforce and investigate health and safety complaints about workplaces in Gateshead, such as reportable accidents, dangerous occurrences and reportable diseases. We inspect:
- Shops and offices
- Hotels and leisure facilities.
- Residential care homes (except nursing homes)
- Nursing agencies
- Catering establishments
0191 433 3951