Libraries in Gateshead
We have eight Council-run libraries for you to use with your library ticket
All our Council-run libraries offer:
- books for all ages and interests
- resources for working with those with additional needs
- free-to-use public computers with wifi
- help with basic computing and jobseeker support
- photocopying and scanning facilities
- information about local services, organisations and community groups
- friendly staff who are happy to help with your enquiries
- events and activities for children of all ages and adults too - pick up a brochure from your library
A further six libraries are run by volunteer associations. These are also free to use: you will need a separate ticket to borrow books from them.
We offer rooms to hire in several of our libraries. Rooms are available for varied purposes and in a range of sizes from small community meeting rooms to large theatre-style auditoriums.