Crawcrook Library is located on the main road and offers a wide range of services.
Due to the relaxing of Covid-19 restrictions, our libraries will reopen from Monday 12 April for selection of books and computer use. Our Ring and Read service will still operate and fines for late return of items will not be charged.
What to expect
- Everyone visiting our libraries must wear a face covering, unless exempt.
- Please help protect yourself and others by staying 2 metres apart at all times.
- We ask people to make their visit as brief as possible - ideally no more than 15 minutes.
- Returned items will only be removed from your ticket after a 72 hour quarantine period.
- When visiting a library you will be asked to give your name and a contact number and the information will be shared with NHS Test and Trace if requested.
0191 413 8164
|Monday||9.30am to 12.30pm and 1.30 to 4.30pm|
|Tuesday||9.30am to 12.30pm and 1.30 to 4.30pm|
|Thursday||9.30am to 12.30pm and 1.30 to 4.30pm|
|Saturday||9.30am to 1pm|
- a large selection of books for all ages
- books in large print
- audio books
- daily newspapers
Computers and digital facilities
All our libraries have PCs for library members aged eight years and over and it's free to use our computers and our wifi. Services include:
- computers with internet access and Microsoft Office
- printing (a small charge applies), photocopying and scanning
- microbits for loan
Find out more about our .
- local history photos and maps
- council information
- tourist information
- hearing aid batteries
Regular activities (currently suspended)
- Art Diamonds
- coffee morning
- computer surgery
- councillors' surgeries
- Mini Meerkats story, rhymes and activities for children under five
- readers' group
Visit our for more information
Books for health and wellbeing
Reading has been proven to help reduce stress, and we have some great mood busting books, reading well collections, and creative and social reading activities for all ages. Find out more on our health and wellbeing pages.
- access for wheelchair users
- automatic doors
- accessible toilet
We are autism friendly. Visit our Autism friendly page to find out more.
How to find us
Public transport: the nearest bus stop is Kepier Chare
Parking: public parking spaces
Fees and charges
Cash only payments. View our Fees and charges from 1 April 2020 (updated May 2021).