Pelaw Library is a popular library at the heart of the village offering a wide range of services.
0191 433 6409
Pelaw Library is currently closed to help prevent the spread of the Coronavirus. Our apologies.
- a large selection of books for all ages
- books in large print
- audio books
- daily newspapers
Computers and digital facilities
All our libraries have PCs for library members aged 8 years and over and it's free to use our computers and our wifi. Services include:
- computers with internet access and Microsoft Office
- printing (a small charge applies), photocopying and scanning
- microbits for loan
Find out more about our computer facilities.
- local history photos and maps
- council information
- tourist information
- hearing aid batteries
- Art Diamonds
- coffee and colour for adults
- coffee morning
- computer surgery
- councillors' surgeries
- Felling Local History Society talks
- Mini Meerkats story, rhymes and activities for children under 5
- readers' group
Visit our for more information
Books for health and wellbeing
Reading has been proven to help reduce stress, and we have some great mood busting books, reading well
collections, and creative and social reading activities for all ages. Find out more on our Books for health and wellbeing pages.
- access for wheelchair users
- automatic doors
- accessible toilet
We are autism friendly. Visit our autism friendly page to find out more.
How to find us
Public transport: Pelaw Metro station is within easy walking distance
Parking: off road parking on nearby streets
Fees and charges
Cash only payments. View our Fees and charges from 1 April 2019.