Rowlands Gill Library
Rowlands Gill Library is run by Rowlands Gill Volunteer Library Association.
Visit the Rowlands Gill Library website or ring us on the number below.
Due to the relaxing of Covid-19 restrictions, the library will reopen from Monday 12 April for selection of books and computer use. Our Ring and Read service will still operate and fines for late return of items will not be charged.
What to expect
- Everyone visiting our libraries must wear a face covering, unless exempt.
- Please help protect yourself and others by staying 2 metres apart at all times.
- Returned items will only be removed from your ticket after a 72 hour quarantine period.
- When visiting a library you will be asked to give your name and a contact number and the information will be shared with NHS Test and Trace if requested.
Monday to Saturday: 10am to 12 noon
- good selection of fiction, non-fiction and audiobooks
- children's library
- PCs with access to Internet, email, scanning facilities and Microsoft Office
- access for wheelchair users
- automatic doors
- public parking spaces
How to reach us
From Gateshead travel west on the A1. Take the A694 for about 3 miles to Rowlands Gill.
By public transport: We are on Norman Road which is parallel to Station Road, Rowlands Gill. 45, 46 and 47 bus from Consett and Newcastle, R5 and R6 local services.