Operated by Winlaton Library Volunteers Association. We offer books, photocopying, PCs with Internet, email, Microsoft Office and printing.
Visit our website or ring us on the number below.
Due to the relaxing of Covid-19 restrictions, the library will reopen from Monday 12 April for selection of books and computer use. Our Ring and Read service will still operate and fines for late return of items will not be charged.
What to expect
- Everyone visiting our libraries must wear a face covering, unless exempt.
- Please help protect yourself and others by staying 2 metres apart at all times.
- Returned items will only be removed from your ticket after a 72 hour quarantine period.
- When visiting a library you will be asked to give your name and a contact number and the information will be shared with NHS Test and Trace if requested.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday: 9am to 1pm
Saturday: 9am to 12 noon
- computer use at this library costs £2 per year for adults, £1 for under 16s. Printouts are 10p per A4 black page
- activities include Rhymetime every Friday at 10am
- Knitting group, every Monday and Friday 1 to 3pm
- Sewing group, every Monday 1 to 3pm
- Daily newspapers
- Children's library
- Large print books
- Local history collection
- Free WiFi
- Regular cake and raffle days - please call us for details.
- Access for wheelchair users
- Automatic doors
- Disabled car parking space
How to reach us:
We are on Church Street across the road from the Winlaton Garage. Buses that stop nearby are the number 12 and 12A from Newcastle and Blaydon, the 49 from Gateshead, Blaydon and MetroCentre, the 69 from Whickham and Swalwell, and the R3 from Ryton and Rowlands Gill.