Low Fell Library
Run by Low Fell Library Association and conveniently located at the top of Chowdene Bank.
Due to the relaxing of Covid-19 restrictions, the library will reopen from Monday 12 April for selection of books and computer use. Our Ring and Read service will still operate and fines for late return of items will not be charged.
What to expect
- Everyone visiting our libraries must wear a face covering, unless exempt.
- Please help protect yourself and others by staying 2 metres apart at all times.
- Returned items will only be removed from your ticket after a 72 hour quarantine period.
- When visiting a library you will be asked to give your name and a contact number and the information will be shared with NHS Test and Trace if requested.
Visit the Low Fell Library website or ring us on the number below.
Monday: 10am to 12 noon and 2pm to 4pm
Tuesday: 10am to 12 noon and 2pm to 4pm
Wednesday: 10am to 12 noon
Thursday: 10am to 12 noon and 2pm to 4pm
Friday: 10am to 12 noon and 2pm to 4pm
Saturday: 10am to 12 noon
- a good range of non-fiction and fiction books for all ages
- PCs with Internet access, email, scanning and Microsoft Office
- fax service
- talking books on CD
- large print books
- a range of daily newspapers
- children's library
- Access for wheelchair users
- Automatic doors
How to reach us
We are on Durham Road at the junction with Chowdene Bank. The number 21 bus from Newcastle, Gateshead, Chester le Street and Durham stops nearby.