Dunston Library in the popular Dunston Activity Centre is run by Dunston Family Church.
Due to the relaxing of Covid-19 restrictions, the library will reopen from Monday 12 April for selection of books and computer use. Our Ring and Read service will still operate and fines for late return of items will not be charged.
What to expect
- Everyone visiting our libraries must wear a face covering, unless exempt.
- Please help protect yourself and others by staying 2 metres apart at all times.
- Returned items will only be removed from your ticket after a 72 hour quarantine period.
- When visiting a library you will be asked to give your name and a contact number and the information will be shared with NHS Test and Trace if requested.
Monday - Friday 10am - 1pm
Closed Saturday and Sunday
- a wide range of adult and children's books to suit all tastes
- talking books
- a selection of newspapers
- PCs with Internet access, email and Microsoft Office - £2 per year for adults, £1 for under 16s
- photocopying service
- Council information
- free wifi
- RhymeTime every Thursday 10am-10.30am, 50p per session. Rhymes, Story Time and much more. Run by volunteer. No need to pre-book, just come along!
- a small local history collection with books on the Dunston area
Find out more at the Dunston Library website
How to reach us by bus
The 63, 48 and 49 all stop nearby.
- access for wheelchair users
- automatic doors into Centre (manual into the Library)
- public parking spaces
We look forward to seeing you soon!