If you feel you haven't received the service you expected from us, we want to know about it. By giving us your views on our services, you can help us to:
- put things right if we have made mistakes
- continually improve our services
- make sure we don't repeat mistakes
There are three steps to a complaint. You may not have to go through all of these, it will depend on how satisfied you are with our response at the end of each stage. Depending on the nature of your complaint, we may deal with it differently. If this is the case, we'll tell you straight away and tell you what you need to do. We report annually on our complaints performance.
Pick a service area to see common online services which may help resolve your issue, or to fill out a complaints form. Choosing the service area will make sure your complaint is sent to the right team.
By using one of the options above you're helping us free up our phone lines for urgent matters and for those who don't have access to a computer.
If you are unable to find an answer or would prefer to speak to someone you can:
- visit Gateshead Civic Centre. Not all services are based in the civic centre.
- call the contact centre on 0191 433 3000, open 8am to 5.30pm Monday - Thursday and 8am to 5pm on Friday.
Ask us about support available for people who need an interpreter or a British Sign Language interpreter.
- Bins and recycling
- Births, deaths and marriages
- Building control
- Business and licensing
- Care and health
- Council Tax
- Emergencies and community safety
- Environmental issues and parks
- Housing - council
- Housing - private
- Jobs and employment
- Leisure and culture
- Parking, roads and transport
- Schools, learning and childcare
- Your council and elections
- Contact your MP
- Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman