Skip to content

Tell us your views about adult social care

You might want to compliment someone who has helped you, suggest ways we could do things better or make a complaint. 

We will use compliments, comments and complaints to find out:

  • what is or not working well 
  • if any processes need improvement 
  • if they could help plan the way we deliver services in future 
  • to review our services and procedures effectively

We want to make sure that the care services we provide are always of a high quality. However sometimes things can go wrong. If this happens, we would like to hear from you. 

We would like to know: 

  • what has happened 
  • how you or your family have been affected 
  • what you would like us to do to put things right 

When we receive your complaint we will look at the issues you have raised and will consider: 

  • the severity of your complaint 
  • the impact it has had on you or your family 
  • how long it may take to investigate 
  • how best to respond to you 


We will: 

  • acknowledge your complaint in writing within three working days. 
  • appoint an investigating officer to look into your complaint
  • contact you to talk about your concerns and what you would like us to do to put things right  
  • let you know how long it may take them to complete the investigation
  • keep you informed of any delays 

Once the investigation is complete, the investigating officer will respond to your complaint in writing.

If you're still unhappy and would like to speak to someone else you can contact: 

  • your local councillor
  • your MP
  • a solicitor
  • the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman using the following details:

PO Box 4771
0845 602 1983 or 02476 821 960
Fax: 024 7682 0001
Text "Call Back" on 07624 803 014

Icon for pdf Adult social care procedure [60.01KB]

Contact us

Social Care Customer Services
Care, Wellbeing and Learning
Civic Centre
Regent Street

Include a daytime phone number so we can contact you.
0191 433 2692 (9am-5pm)

Share this page