Tell us your views about adult social care
You might want to compliment someone who has helped you, suggest ways we could do things better or make a complaint.
We will use compliments, comments and complaints to find out:
- what is or not working well;
- if any processes require improvement;
- if they could help plan the way we deliver services in future;
- to review our services and procedures effectively.
We want to make sure that the care services we provide are always of a high quality. However, sometimes things can go wrong. If this happens, we would like to hear from you.
We would like to know:
- what has happened;
- how you or your family have been affected;
- what you would like us to do to put things right.
When we receive your complaint, we will look at the issues you have raised and will consider:
- the severity of your complaint;
- the impact it has had on you or your family;
- how long it may take to investigate;
- how best to respond to you.
Adult Social Care complaints process
When we receive your complaint, we will:
- acknowledge your complaint in writing within three working days;
- advise you of a general date where you may expect a response;
- appoint an investigating officer within Adult Social Care to investigate your complaint;
- the Investigating Officer will be either a manager or a senior practitioner within Adult Social Care
- request that the investigating officer contacts you to talk about your concerns and what you would like us to do to put things right;
- let you know how long it may take them to complete the investigation as all complaints investigations should be proportionate to the issues complained about;
- request that the investigating officer keeps you informed of any delays to the timescales.
Once the investigation is complete, the investigating officer will respond to your complaint in writing.
If you remain dissatisfied with your response, you can ask the Council to review your complaint. Please do this within 10 working days of receiving your response.
Please note - you are not required to request a review. You can refer your complaint to the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman at this point if you wish.
A review does not consider any new complaints. These should be raised in the normal way.
All reviews are overseen by a service manager within Adult Social Care. The Council will advise you of when you may expect a response. However, it is expected that all reviews will be responded to within 20 working days of your request.
Once you receive your final response, if you're still unhappy you can contact:
- your local Councillor
- your MP
- a solicitor
- the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman using the following details:
PO Box 4771
0845 602 1983 or 02476 821 960
Text "Call Back" on 07624 803 014
Social Care Customer Services
Care, Wellbeing and Learning
Include a daytime phone number so we can contact you.
0191 433 2692 (9am-5pm)