Tell us your views about adult social care
You might want to compliment someone who has helped you, suggest ways we could do things better or make a complaint.
We will use compliments, comments and complaints to find out what is and is not working well, whether any of our processes need to be reviewed and to help us plan the way in which services could be delivered in future.
About our complaints process
We want to make sure that the care services we provide are always of a high quality. However sometimes things can go wrong. If this happens, we would like to hear from you.
We would like to know:
- what has happened
- how you or your family have been affected
- what you would like us to do to put things right
When we receive your complaint, we will:
- acknowledge your complaint within three working days
- tell you when you may expect a reply
- a manager in Adult Social Care will be appointed to look into your complaint
- they will talk to you about your complaint and how you have been affected
- they will talk to you about how long the investigation may take
- they will carry out a full and through investigation into your complaint
- once the investigation is complete, the investigating officer will respond to your complaint in writing
- your letter will inform you of your next steps should you remain dissatisfied
If you're still unhappy
You can contact:
- your MP
- your local councillor
- the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman
PO Box 4771
0845 602 1983 or 02476 821 960
Text "Call Back" on 07624 803 014
Complaints and Compliments
Children, Adults and Families
Include a daytime phone number so we can contact you.
0191 433 3000 - ask to speak to the member of staff you know best.