Skip to content

Coronavirus (COVID-19)
View the latest COVID-19 information and advice, including details of the new national restrictions and service updates.

Adult social care

Report suspected adult abuse

We are committed to safeguarding and preventing the abuse of adults. If you think someone is at risk of abuse, neglect or domestic violence, you need to report this now.

If you are concerned that immediate action may be needed from the emergency services, please dial 999.

Report abuse

Support available for disabled or older people in Gateshead to stay in their own home and live independently.
Find out about available options for people over 65 years.
How to report suspected abuse and advice to keep you safe.
Information on payments, personal budgets and direct payments.
Information and support for carers, including young carers.
Support for people with disabilities.
Request a care assessment for you or someone you know.
Information about travel and social activities to help you get out and about.
A directory of services which are commissioned by Gateshead Council.

Share this page