Thrive: our strategic approach
We have always been fiercely ambitious for the people of Gateshead, helping it to be a great place to live, work and visit.
Years of cuts in Government funding means we can no longer do everything we did in the past, but that does not mean we've lost our ambition - we care more than ever.
Poverty and health inequalities are placing an increasing demand on our services, so we need more than ever to focus our work and the money we have to spend on what matters most.
We want to help our communities not just survive, but to flourish, prosper and succeed. We have committed to five pledges to help and guide us when we make decisions:
- Our challenges
- Putting people and families at the heart of everything we do
- Tackling inequalities, so people have a fair chance
- Supporting our communities to support themselves and each other
- Investing in our economy to provide sustainable opportunities for employment, innovation and growth
- Working together and fighting for a better future for Gateshead