The way you register to volunteer is changing.
The OurGateshead website is changing and evolving to become the central, go-to place, for volunteering.
It's part of the new Gateshead Volunteer Centre, launched in April 2022. This joint venture between Connected Voice and Gateshead Council aims to raise awareness of volunteering, match opportunities and provide a centre of support, advocacy and excellence in volunteering.
If you are looking to volunteer and help in your community
Follow these three easy steps to start your volunteering adventure:
- Visit the OurGateshead website
- Search for ways to help (you can do this based on where you live or your interests)
- Enquire or apply to the organisation you are interested in
The organisation will respond to you directly to discuss their volunteering opportunity.
Before you look for volunteer roles you may wish to consider:
- what you want to achieve from volunteering (for yourself and the community)
- how the role matches your personality, skills and interests
- the type of activities you would (or would not) like to get involved in
- the time you have available
- where you would like to volunteer and whether you can travel
If you're an organisation looking for volunteers to help
It's quick, easy, free and will reach a wide audience online. Add as many opportunities as you like and keep them refreshed as potential volunteers will be directed to the website all the time.
Before you post an opportunity please consider:
- how the opportunity fulfils your aims and objectives and makes a real difference
- if there are any particular skills or experience you need
- the time commitment you would like from a volunteer and the flexibility available
- whether you can offer expenses
If you need support using the OurGateshead website please contact OurGateshead@connectedvoice.org.uk.
If you are a volunteer or an organisation needing support relating to volunteering please contact email@example.com.