Home to school transport information
Home to school transport
It is a parent or carer's responsibility to ensure their child gets to and from school safely every day, including those with additional needs.
We provide support with home to school travel in cases where we considers it necessary following an assessment.
Pupils with additional needs
In a small number of cases, pupils may need help because they have additional needs. These may include school pupils with:
- special educational needs (with or without a statement or education, health and care plan)
- a physical disability (temporary or permanent)
- a medical/psychological condition (temporary or permanent)
- other special needs, including family circumstances
Home to school transport policy and application forms for school-age pupils
General home to school transport scheme
Some school-age pupils will be entitled to help because they live more than the legal walking distance from their nearest suitable school. Find our about the general home to school transport scheme.
Post 16 transport
Find out about post 16 home to school and college transport.
Help and support
- This booklet answers your questions about independent travel training and how we can help your child become more independent and safe when travelling on public transport.
- Information for parents / carers of children and young people with additional needs
- This booklet sets out briefly the travel options available for children, young people and adults with additional needs.