Primary school admissions September 2024
Please read the admissions information booklet before you apply to help you understand the admissions process and make an informed choice.
Apply online for your child's school place. Applications must be submitted by 15 January 2024.
Make sure you look at the 'Admission to Primary School' booklet which contains essential information that will help you in making your child's application, including:
- admission policies and oversubscription criteria for Gateshead schools
- information on how places are offered
- the number of applications received and the number of places offered for previous years
- we recommend you apply to 3 schools. Applying for only 1 school does not improve you chances of gaining a place at this school
- your child's attendance at a school or private nursery does not guarantee or improve your chances of gaining a place at your chosen school.
- if you rank a school outside Gateshead as one of your preferences, you must look at the admission policy for that school before submitting your application
- you must apply by 15 January 2024
Reception and junior admissions timeline
|8 September 2023||Online system opens for parents to apply|
|15 January 2024||Closing date for submitting applications|
|16 April 2024||Offer letters and emails sent to parents|
|3 May 2024||Any places that become available will be offered from the schools waiting list|
|June/July 2024||Appeals heard|
For common issues and questions about admissions see the information section of our admissions guide.
Ofsted are changing the way they inspect and report on schools. Find out about the Education Inspection Framework and how the changes might effect you as a parent/guardian.
Education Support Service
School Admissions Team
0191 433 2756 / 0191 433 2757