Meals and shopping
If you have difficulty making meals at home or getting to the shop to buy food, there are different ways of getting the help you need.
- Supermarkets offer online home delivery services. This can be a simple way of getting the food you want delivered to you.
- Many people like to have family, friends or a carer help them to get to the supermarket and shop for their food - the supermarket then offers a delivery of your shopping and this is sometimes free.
- Many people like to have family, friends or a carer help them prepare a meal at home.
- You may want to use one of the wide variety of local restaurants that can deliver hot meals.
- Lunch Clubs are available across Gateshead.
- Day and community centres are also available.
Some people may want to have a care worker from a home care service to help:
- prepare meals
- get to the shops or go to the shop on your behalf to buy food,
- help with regaining skills or confidence you may have lost.