Meals and shopping
If you have difficulty making meals at home or getting to the shop to buy food, there are different ways of getting the help you need.
- Supermarkets offer online home delivery services. This can be a simple way of getting the food you want delivered to you.
- Many people like to have family, friends or a carer help them to get to the supermarket and shop for their food - the supermarket then offers a delivery of your shopping and this is sometimes free.
- Many people like to have family, friends or a carer help them prepare a meal at home.
- You may want to use one of the wide variety of local restaurants that can deliver hot meals.
- Lunch Clubs are available across Gateshead.
- Day and community centres are also available.
Some people may want to have a care worker from a home care service to help:
- prepare meals
- get to the shops or go to the shop on your behalf to buy food,
- help with regaining skills or confidence you may have lost.
Contact Adult Social Care
There are many ways to contact the adult social care team, both online and over the phone.
We encourage people who can contact us online to do so, as it helps to free up phone lines for emergencies or for those who don't have access to or the skills to use computers.