Employing an apprentice
Gateshead business expanding with the help of apprentices
A successful technology company who recently relocated to Gateshead have hailed part of their success on employing apprentices. Engica Technology, who up until late 2016 were based in Newcastle, moved to their current home in Gateshead as part of the growth plans for the business.
The company have been employing apprentices for over five years most of which remain employed with the company. Engica are involved with the development and implementation of Q4 software, which is used by their clients to ensure the safe control of work within hazardous industries. Clients are worldwide and Engica are currently implementing projects in various countries including UK, Europe, Middle-East, USA and Australia.
Managing Director Peter Strassheim has hailed the success of its apprenticeship scheme as a major part of the company's success:
"Our apprentices from Gateshead Council have proved to be an invaluable part of the Engica team and many have gone on to full time positions within the company, taking on more responsibility whilst increasing their technical and commercial knowledge. The skills they gain from their apprenticeship help us deliver customer solutions and go towards retaining many of our long terms clients. Our current offices in Gateshead are significantly larger leading to an increase in apprenticeship recruitment."
Apprentices at Engica carry out a wide range of tasks alongside experienced members of their project team including configuration and testing of customer solutions, office administration as well as delivering high quality customer service. Engica were rewarded for their support of the apprenticeship scheme with Gateshead Council when they were named Employer of The Year 2017.
Companies across the UK are switching on to funded training for their current workforce. The government will fund 90% of the training cost for non levy paying employers to boost the skills of your current staff. This has been proven to increase productivity, retention and profit.
Gateshead Council learningSkills also offer a full and free recruitment service for new recruits with a cash incentive of £1,000 available for all 16-18 year old apprentices. All apprentices are assessed before you interview, meaning only candidates who are suitable are put forward for your vacancy.
Training from Gateshead Council is available in over 25 vocations.
Popular vocations are:
- Business Administration Level 2 and 3
- Customer Service Level 2 and 3
- Digital Marketer Level 3 - Increase your digital presence
- Early Years Nursery Assistant Level 2 and 3
- Events Assistant Level 3 - deliver amazing events which generate income
- Leadership and management level 5 - develop a team of strategic managers who deliver results
- Retailer level 2 - boost your shop floor coverage with the new talent and increase sales
- Children and young people's workforce level 2 and 3 - very successful vocation for nurseries
- Community Activator Level 2 - ideal of gyms, leisure clubs and community groups to increase membership and engagement. You can read about the course and recent apprentices on the Community Activator Level 2 page.
There are many more vocations available - call us now to see how we can help increase the skills of your workforce.
Looking for more information?
Call our experts now on 0191 433 8727 or email email@example.com