Back Regent/Walker Terrace (NE8 1LU)
If there is a difference between the tariffs shown and the tariffs displayed on the machine, the machine display will be correct.
As well as paying with cash and displaying a ticket in the traditional way, for a small additional administration fee it is also possible to pay the parking charge electronically in most of our car parks. This can be done on the Pay by Phone App, by calling 0330 400 7275, or by visiting www.paybyphone.co.uk . Please quote the Pay By Phone location code shown above when using this service.
|Pay and display rates|
|Up to one hour||£1.10|
|Up to two hours||£2.20|
|Up to three hours||£3.30|
|12 months, Monday to Friday||£924|
|12 months, all days||£1,386|
|12 months, specified days per day of the week||£185|
|Six months, Monday to Friday||£528|
|Six months, all days||£739|
|Three months, Monday to Friday||£281|
|Three months, all days||£393|
You can apply for a permit for this car park online.
To apply for a car park permit or for more information please visit the car park permits page.
The main conditions of parking in the council's car parks are displayed on notice boards in each car park and it is the driver's responsibility to make themselves aware of these. Some of the most common rules are as follows:
- Motorcycles may park free of charge in the council's car parks
- Disabled blue badge holders may currently park free of charge within the council's car parks (but not within bays reserved for permit holders or other classes of vehicle). The blue badge holder must be personally present for the journey, which must be for their purpose, and a valid blue badge must be properly displayed so that it can be clearly seen through the windscreen.
- Although charges may not apply at all times or on all days, other conditions do (such as the requirement to park wholly within a marked bay)
- Some car parks may close for a period during the early hours of the morning. Where this is the case, it will be shown on the notice boards in the car parks. Equally, the council may sometimes need to close car parks, or bays within car parks, by displaying notices there to that effect.
- Tickets are not transferable. That means that only tickets obtained from a machine in the car park in which the vehicle is parked are valid for that car park, and those tickets are only valid on the date of issue and for the vehicle for which they were first bought.
- The pay and display ticket should be displayed face-up so that the printed information can be clearly seen through the windscreen. The expiry date and time must always be visible, so always take a moment to check this when leaving your vehicle, especially in windy weather. Failure to follow these instructions may result in a Penalty Charge Notice being issued for not clearly displaying a valid ticket.
- You must park completely inside the bay markings and you should not use the space unless all of your vehicle can fit inside the bay markings. Any vehicle parked with at least one wheel outside the bay markings may be issued with a penalty charge notice.
- If you are using the Pay by Phone facility, it is your responsibility to ensure that the correct vehicle is registered. Otherwise, your vehicle will be shown as not having paid and a penalty charge notice may be issued.
- Unless otherwise indicated on the relevant tariff board, parking charges and rules apply on public holidays within that car park.
If this page does not answer your questions
0191 433 3636