Coach Park (NE8 2AU)
This coach park is strictly for use by coaches only.
|Pay and display rates|
|Up to one hour||£2|
|Up to two hours||£3|
|Up to three hours||£4|
|Over three hours / all day||£6|
|Bay reservation per vehicle per day||£12|
For convenience and to insure that a space is available, coach bays can be reserved by pre-booking. For further information please contact Parking Services on0191 433 3155.
CCTV is in operation in this coach park.
*Bays can be reserved for an inclusive fee of £12 per bay per day - please contact Parking Services below for more information or to make a reservation.
For information about car park permits, including application forms, please visit the car park permits page.
The main conditions of parking in the council's car parks are displayed on notice boards in each car park and it is the driver's responsibility to make themselves aware of these. Some of the most common rules are as follows:
- Motorcycles may park free of charge in the council's car parks
- Disabled blue badge holders may currently park free of charge within the council's car parks (but not within bays reserved for permit holders or other classes of vehicle). The blue badge holder must be personally present for the journey, which must be for their purpose, and a valid blue badge must be properly displayed so that it can be clearly seen through the windscreen.
- Although charges may not apply at all times or on all days, other conditions do (such as the requirement to park wholly within a marked bay)
- Some car parks may close for a period during the early hours of the morning. Where this is the case, it will be shown on the notice boards in the car parks. Equally, the council may sometimes need to close car parks, or bays within car parks, by displaying notices there to that effect.
- Tickets are not transferable. That means that only tickets obtained from a machine in the car park in which the vehicle is parked are valid for that car park, and those tickets are only valid on the date of issue and for the vehicle for which they were first bought.
- The pay and display ticket should be displayed face-up so that the printed information can be clearly seen through the windscreen. The expiry date and time must always be visible, so always take a moment to check this when leaving your vehicle, especially in windy weather. Failure to follow these instructions may result in a Penalty Charge Notice being issued for not clearly displaying a valid ticket.
- You must park completely inside the bay markings and you should not use the space unless all of your vehicle can fit inside the bay markings. Any vehicle parked with at least one wheel outside the bay markings may be issued with a penalty charge notice.
- If you are using the Pay by Phone facility, it is your responsibility to ensure that the correct vehicle is registered. Otherwise, your vehicle will be shown as not having paid and a penalty charge notice may be issued.
- Unless otherwise indicated on the relevant tariff board, parking charges and rules apply on public holidays within that car park.
If this page does not answer your questions
0191 433 3636