You can keep up to date with the latest weather information on the Met Office website .
- If you are experiencing a power cut visit Northern Powergrid or phone 105
Northumbrian Water have extra people in place to make sure customers have the help they need. If you need to speak to someone in an emergency call 0345 7171100 or follow them on Twitter for the latest updates
- Report a fallen or hazardous tree
- Request a council house repair
- Council out of hours emergency contacts
- Report a problem on a road or footpath
- Concerned about a rough sleeper? Please contact our team on 0800 953 7112 or visit our homelessness webpage for more information and support.
We will respond to calls on a priority basis, and in conjunction with the emergency services, so we can address issues as soon as possible.
We are still clearing trees from previous storms (those in a safe condition and location) and these will continue to be prioritised, once all urgent and hazardous requests have been handled.
Our gritting crews will be out 24/7, as necessary, to respond to snow and icy conditions. Keep up to date with the latest winter weather advice.
Any updates on services affected by storms will be given here.
Tips for staying safe
- Secure all loose objects outside, including your bins, to ensure they can't be blown over or blown into windows or doors.
- Close and secure all windows and doors.
- Park vehicles in a garage, wherever possible.
- Stay indoors as much as possible but if you must make a journey allow plenty of time and check local traffic or public transport updates. Take particular care if driving on exposed routes, for example bridges, and find an alternative if possible.
- Do not try to repair any damage during the storm.
- Check on vulnerable relatives and neighbours to make sure they are safe and if they need any help.
- If your bin is due to be collected please return and secure it as soon as possible after collection.