Toggle menu

Report a problem on a road or footpath

We provide a range of services to maintain roads and footpaths which we have responsibility for in Gateshead. 

Issues on the A1 or A194(M) should be reported to National Highways (opens new window).


Tell us if you see a pothole on a road, pavement or walkway in Gateshead.
How we manage street lighting across Gateshead, and how to report faulty or broken street lights.
Report a missing or damaged drain cover including missing manhole covers.
Information about when we deal with overhanging trees and reporting issues.
We respond to flooding issues caused by public drains and road gullys.
Tell us if you see a broken or damaged paving stone or kerb in Gateshead.
Road gullies allow water to drain away from roads and footpaths
Find out about how to request street sweeping or litter removal.
Report a damaged bollard or verge marker in Gateshead
How to report missing or faded road markings in Gateshead.
Report an issue with street furniture, such as road traffic signs.
Report an abandoned vehicle in Gateshead so that it gets removed.