House alterations or extensions

Planning permission advice for householders
We provide advice for residents who want to carry out works to their home before they apply for planning permission.
Apply for prior notification for larger home extensions
Find out how to get prior notification to build larger extensions under permitted development.
Apply for householder planning permission
Find out how to apply for planning permission and what fees are payable.
Discharging planning conditions
Find out about the conditions that are sometimes attached to planning permission and how to get them discharged.
Other consents for planning permission
Non-material amendments, listed buildings, lawful development, change of use, and advertisement consents.

Share this page