Doing business with the council
Corporate Commissioning and Procurement Strategy
Thesets out Gateshead's approach to using our resources within the borough in the most effective way to deliver the best outcomes to the people of Gateshead in order to achieve our strategic ambition as set out in Vision 2030 and the Council Plan.
How to do business with the council
Gateshead Council encourages competition and welcomes bids from new and established suppliers.
Contracts are awarded for their value for money and whilst the council cannot discriminate in favour of locality, we are committed to supporting and encouraging local firms to compete for contracts.
Guide for suppliers and contractors
We have produced a guide to assist suppliers and contractors who wish to supply the Council with goods, materials, services or works. It helps in the following ways:
- It outlines the rules that the Council must follow;
- It alerts companies to the opportunities to supply the Council;
- It explains how to bid for Council work;
- It advises the appropriate contacts within the Council for categories of spend.
It also supplements the Council's standard procedures and ensures we obtain value for money.
What are the benefits of working with the Council?
- A long established organisation;
- Prompt to pay.
If any company is interested in pursuing business opportunities with the Council, they should respond as requested to an advertisement or contact the officer responsible for that area of business.
Our Corporate Social Responsibility Pledge
Gateshead Council have developed a Corporate Social Responsibility Pledge based on the 5 Council Pledges:
- Put people and families at the heart of everything we do
- Tackle inequality so people have a fair chance
- Support our communities to support themselves and each other
- Invest in our economy to provide sustainable opportunities for employment, innovation and growth across the borough
- Work together and fight for a better future for Gateshead Council.
The Corporate Social Responsibility Pledge sets out how our supply chain can help us to deliver the best outcomes for people of Gateshead. It contains a number of statements that would enable delivery of the 5 pledges and asks suppliers to sign up to the individual statements on behalf of their organisation, and also to indicate where they believe their own supply chains currently are by completing a simple questionnaire.
Details of previous invitations to tender are included in the documents below.
|October to December 2018|
|July to September 2018|
|April to June 2018|
|January to March 2018|
|October to December 2017|
|July to September 2017|
|April to June 2017|
|January to March 2017|
|October to December 2016|
|July to September 2016|
|April to June 2016|
|January to March 2016|
|October to December 2015|
|July to September 2015|
|December 2014 to June 2015|
Contracts, commissioned activity, purchase orders, framework agreements and any other legally enforceable agreements can be accessed here.