Purchase Orders and Invoicing
1. Guide to Ordering Goods and Services - purchase order (PO) numbers
When ordering goods and services council staff must supply a valid purchase order number. Please do not accept verbal or written instruction to supply goods or services unless you receive a purchase order number, this is to ensure that your invoice is paid promptly. Our financial system produces purchase order numbers in the format '15014726'. Most PO numbers will look like this.
If you do not quote a valid purchase order number on your invoice it will be rejected and returned back to you with a request that the invoice be resubmitted with a PO number.
If a Gateshead Council buyer requests goods or services from you without providing you with a purchase order number, please refer them to the 'Guide to Ordering Goods and Services' which is available on the council's intranet.
If you have a question about an invoice or about the Guide to Ordering Goods and Services please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
To assist with the processing of your invoice for payment, your invoice should contain:
- your company name and address
- your VAT registration number (if applicable)
- invoice number
- invoice date
- valid purchase order number
- name of the service area requesting goods/service or council contact person
- full description of the goods/services supplied
- for each line item: quantity, description, unit price, net value, VAT rate, VAT value, line total
- invoice totals: Net, VAT, Gross
To ensure the timely processing and payment all invoices should be sent electronically to: email@example.com quoting a valid purchase order number.
Failure to do this may result in delays in processing your invoice and making payment to you.