- Find childcare
- Gateshead Children's Centres
- Family Information Service and directory
- Free early education and childcare
- Toy Library
- Information for early years childcare professionals
- Information for childminders
- Flexible working
- Gateshead breastfeeding support
- Gateshead's Local Offer (special educational needs)
Concerns about a childcare provider
If you have a concern about a registered childcare provider try to discuss it with them first. If you cannot resolve your concern through discussion, you should make a formal complaint to the provider in writing.
If you are not satisfied with the response from the childcare provider, or your concern relates to an issue you are unable to discuss with them, you can contact Ofsted or telephone 0300 123 1231 who will try to resolve it for you.
Everyone who works with children has a responsibility to keep them safe. Our booklet, Child Protection in Gateshead [515.03KB], will help provide an understanding of procedures and guidelines.