Toggle menu

Concerns about a childcare provider

If you have a concern about a registered childcare provider try to discuss it with them first. If you cannot resolve your concern through discussion, you should make a formal complaint to the provider in writing.

If you are not satisfied with the response from the childcare provider, or your concern relates to an issue you are unable to discuss with them, you can contact Ofsted by email at, their enquiry form (opens new window) or by telephone on 0300 123 1231 and they will try to resolve it for you.

Everyone who works with children has a responsibility to keep them safe. Our  Child Protection Booklet 2024 (PDF) [211KB]  will help provide an understanding of procedures and guidelines.

Contact us

Gateshead Families Information Service 
Civic Centre
Regent Street

0191 433 5118

Send us your comments or queries