Toggle menu

Becoming a childminder in Gateshead

Childminder Grants

The Government have announced start up grants for new childminders. A £600 grant for those who register with Ofsted, and a £1200 grant for those who register with a childminder agency, will be payable to any individual who has completed their childminder registration on or after 15 March 2023. New childminders will be able to apply for the grant from autumn 2023. More information coming soon!

Becoming an Ofsted registered childminder in Gateshead

Childminding is a rewarding career that can fit well with family commitments. You will be self-employed and running a small business from your own home, flexible with the hours you operate and the ages of the children you care for.

To access further information, including pathway to registration, read our  becoming a childminder guide (PDF) [3MB] (opens new window)

Gateshead Family Information Service will contact you for further information when they are notified that you are registered.