- Find childcare
- Gateshead Children's Centres
- Free early education and childcare
- Toy Library
- Information for early years childcare professionals
- Information for childminders
- Concerns about a childcare provider
- Flexible working
- Gateshead breastfeeding support
- Gateshead's Local Offer (special educational needs)
Family Information Service and directory
The Family Information Service offers free, confidential and impartial advice and guidance for those caring for a child on:
- childcare (registered and un-registered) and early years services in Gateshead.
- free entitlement to early years provision
- Gateshead Local Offer. Services for children with disabilities and special educational needs
- Family Information Service Directory
Apply to be included in the directory
Childcare providers will be asked for permission to be included on this directory following Ofsted registration. Non childcare providers - If you want your services to appear in the directory please complete the application form.
The Childcare Act 2006 (Section six) places a duty of local authorities to "secure sufficient childcare, so far as is reasonably practicable, for working parents, or parents who are studying or training for employment, for children aged zero - 14 years (or up to 18 for disabled children)."
These documents include Gateshead's information about sufficiency.