- Council Tax payments
- How you could reduce your Council Tax bill
- Responsibility for paying Council Tax
- 2020-21 Council Tax valuation bands
- Change of address
- What to do if you can't pay your Council Tax
- Council Tax scams and fraud
- Steps we take to recover unpaid Council Tax
- Adult Social Care precept information
- Council Tax discretionary reduction
Council Tax appeals
You can appeal to us if you disagree with a decision we have made about any of the following:
- we have made you responsible for the payment of the Council Tax bill
- we have not awarded you an exemption
- we have not awarded you a single person discount
- we have not awarded you a discount disregard
- we have not awarded you a disabled relief reduction
If you wish to appeal you must write to us stating the reasons why you disagree with the council's decision. When we receive your appeal we will consider your reasons and write back to you within two months. If we do not agree with you we will tell you the reasons why.
If you are still unhappy you can appeal to Valuation Tribunal Service.
You can also appeal if you think a decision we have made about your Council Tax Support is wrong.
If you think the band of your property is wrong please contact the Valuation Office Agency.
0191 433 3600
Monday to Thursday 8.45am to 5pm
Friday 8.45am to 4.30pm