Contact Gateshead Council
Civic Centre closure
Gateshead Civic Centre is now closed to the public for the foreseeable future. Please be assured our staff are still working around the clock to support residents, however, in order to follow the Government's guidelines on social distancing, our receptions will be shut and people will no longer be able to walk through the building on the way to and from the town centre.
There's lots of things you can do online from home instead of visiting us in person. Use our website if you need to apply for Housing Benefit, Council Tax Support, Crisis Support, Free School Meals or a Discretionary Housing Payment or report a change. If you can't use or access a computer or smartphone at all, or have reading or learning difficulties, phone us on 0191 433 4646.
Please note our registrars office will be open only to people who have an appointment.. Visit our Register Office page for more for information.
People who are facing homelessness and need advice should call 0191 433 3174 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are currently homeless and need out of hours support, please phone 0191 477 0844.
For free Wi-Fi and phone calls your nearest inlink terminals can be found outside Argos and Barclays Bank www.inlinkuk.com
Phone: 0191 433 3000
Our Contact Centre is open 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
Calls may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes.
- Find out when your bins are collected
- Report a missed bin collection
- Request a bulky waste collection
- Report a broken streetlight
- Report fly-tipping
Direct contact numbers
- 0191 433 7000: Refuse collection/street services
- 0191 433 3131: Pest Control and the Dog Warden service
- 0191 433 4646: Benefits
- 0191 433 3600: Council Tax
- 0800 408 6008: Council house repairs
- 0191 433 2166: Electoral Services
- 0191 433 7007: Environmental Health and Trading Standards
- 0191 433 6965: Event and ticket bookings
- 0191 433 3000: Registration Services