Coronavirus (COVID-19)
View the latest COVID-19 information and advice, including details of the current lockdown rules and service updates

Your views on our services

We want to ensure that the services you receive are excellent quality and encourage service providers to actively seek your views about the level of service you receive. If you receive a survey or questionnaire or are invited to give your views in any other way about a service, please do so, as it will help the service provider to improve. If you are dissatisfied about a service, you should contact the service provider directly to discuss this or to make a complaint. If you have already done this and are still dissatisfied you can contact Gateshead Council for further advice:

If you are concerned about a child's safety, you should immediately contact Gateshead Council on 0191 433 2410 (office hours) or 0191 477 0844 (out of hours).

How to raise a concern or complaint

Visit our webpage for more information on raising concerns or making a complaint.

Young people's views

We are committed to gathering the views of children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities which helps us to improve and shape services and identify any gaps in service provision. The diagram below highlights how we do this and the difference it makes.

Icon for pdf Diagram - How we gather the views of young people with SEND [380.58KB]

Icon for pdf How to share your views for your annual review [16.36MB]

Your views on SEND developments

We are committed to ensuring that children and young people with SEND and their parents and carers are fully involved in the way SEND services are developed and provided. We will post information on this page about developments we are working on to ask what you think about them.   

Who can help you put your point across

There are a range of organisations in Gateshead independent from the Council that can help you put your views across and voice any concerns you may have. 

Share this page