- House alterations or extensions
- Commercial and other business developments
- View or comment on a planning application
- The planning process explained
- Planning history search
- Planning enforcement
- Trees and hedges
- Landfill sites
- Highway development control
- Planning and Development Committee
- Waste and recycling planning guidance
Developments on contaminated land
If your proposed development is on contaminated land you must submit a Preliminary Land Contamination Assessment. This is often called a Preliminary Risk Assessment or PRA.
As the applicant it is your responsibility to ensure that a development is safe and the site is suitable for its proposed use.
As the planning authority it is our duty to ensure that you, the developer, undertakes appropriate assessment and carries out any remedial requirements.
These guides are to help you understand the constraints and requirements.
This document provides an overview of the contaminated land requirements at planning application stage.
A guide to producing land contamination assessment/preliminary risk assessments.
Further, information in regard to contaminated land including our Contaminated Land Strategy can be found on the contaminated land webpage.