Statement of Accounts
Notice is hereby given that the audit of the accounts for Gateshead and Group, for the year ending 31 March 2020, has been concluded.
The Statement of Accounts is a statutory document produced annually, which provides information about the Council's financial performance and financial position. It provides the following information about the previous financial year:
- Leader's Foreword
- Narrative Statement and Statement of Responsibility for the Accounts
- Core Financial Statements:
- Movement in Reserves Statement
- Comprehensive Income and Expenditure Statement
- Balance Sheet
- Cash Flow Statement
- Notes to the Core Financial Statements
- Housing Revenue Account (HRA) Income and Expenditure Statement
- Movement on the HRA Statement
- Notes to the HRA
- Collection Fund Statement
- Notes to the Collection Fund Statement
- Accompanying documents
- Annual Governance Statement
- Independent Auditor's Report to the Council
- Glossary of Terms
All local authorities are required to follow the same standard format when producing their statutory accounts. This should enable members of the public to compare and contrast the Council's financial performance over a number of years as well as with other local authorities.
The auditors' Annual Audit Letters, summarising their findings, can be found on the external auditors' reports page.
If you would like any of this information in large print, braille, on audiotape/CD or in a different language please contact us on: 0191 433 3000.