Temporary event notice
A Temporary Event Notice (TEN) is a notification given by an individual to Gateshead Council giving notice of an event that is to take place.
Temporary Event Notices replace the existing 'occasional permissions' and 'occasional licences' systems and relate to temporary events with less than 500 attendees where 'licensable activities' are planned to take place.
Licensable activities are:
- The sale of alcohol by retail
- The supply of alcohol by or on behalf of a club to, or to the order of, a member of a club
- The provision of regulated entertainment
- The provision of late night refreshment (the provision of hot food or drink for consumption on or off premises between 11pm & 5am)
- Please note a Temporary Event Notice does not relieve the premises user from any requirements under the Planning Law for appropriate planning permission where it is required.
0191 433 4741
Monday - Thursday: 10am - 4pm
Friday: 10am - 3.30pm