Toggle menu

Pay a parking ticket (PCN)

You will only pay 50% of the full charge if you pay within 14 days.

If you do not pay within 28 days of receiving a parking ticket (PCN) we will take action to recover the amount owed.

If you challenge the parking ticket (PCN) within 14 days of it being issued and the challenge is rejected, we will re-offer the 14 day discount period. Different rules apply to PCNs served by post.

You can see photographs showing why you have received a parking ticket before you pay by entering your Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) number and vehicle registration number in the 'Manage or pay Your Penalty Charge Notice (PCN)' form. 

To pay online you will need:

  • a parking ticket (PCN) number
  • the vehicle registration number 
  • a credit or debit card

Manage or pay your Penalty Charge Notice (PCN)

Other payment options

By phone

Phone 0191 433 7000 quoting the penalty charge number and your card details

By cheque

Payable to Gateshead Council. Write your address and the penalty charge number on the reverse of the cheque and post to:

Finance and ICT Services
Civic Centre
Regent Street

Notice to owner

If you do not pay your fine or make an informal challenge within 28 days of receiving your penalty charge notice a Notice to Owner will be sent to the registered owner of the vehicle.

Do not ignore this notice: either make a formal challenge or pay the outstanding charge.

Your formal challenge will be considered by someone who would not have been involved in consideration of any previous informal challenge relating to your Penalty Charge Notice.

We will write back to you with our decision. If we decide not to cancel your parking ticket, we will send you a letter explaining why, called a Notice of Rejection. You will be given the opportunity to pay the full charge of £50 or £70 (depending on the offence).

We will also explain how you can appeal to the independent Parking Adjudicator and will send you a form (called a Notice of Appeal) on which you can make your appeal.

If we reject your formal challenge and you still wish to dispute the PCN, you can appeal to the independent Traffic Penalty Tribunal (TPT). Details of how to do this are also printed on the rejection letter sent out to you