Toggle menu

Animal licences

Changes to Animal Welfare Regulations from October 2018

The Government has published new Animal Welfare Regulations to control certain activities such as dog breeding, selling animals and boarding for cats or dogs.

Find out more

Petfished campaign

When looking to buy a puppy, kitten, cat or dog, you're more likely to come across a deceitful seller than you think. Find out about the government campaign to encourage people to source their new pet responsibly.

Find out more
Information on licensing required for the movement of animals.
Information on the regulation for keeping certain kinds of dangerous, exotic or wild animals.
Legislation on the production, use, transportation, storage and marketing of animal feed.
List of licensed boarding kennels, dog breeders, pet shops and riding establishments in Gateshead.
To run a zoo in England, Scotland and Wales, you need a licence from the local authority.
Animal Welfare (Licensing of Activities Involving Animals) (England) Regulations 2018.