Skip to content

Coronavirus (COVID-19)
View the latest COVID-19 information and advice, including details of the local restrictions.

Animal movement licence

In the aftermath of the Foot and Mouth outbreak a rigorous regime of licensing which controls the movement of a range of animals has been introduced.

The most common animals whose movements have to be licensed are:

  • Sheep
  • Goats
  • Deer
  • Pigs
  • Cattle

The conditions which apply to these movements vary according to the type of animals, the destination and the type of trip. In addition, these conditions are constantly being altered and so it is important that you make yourself aware of the latest conditions.

Contact us

Trading Standards
Gateshead Council
Civic Centre
Regent Street

0191 433 3889

Share this page