- Making Spaces for Growing Places
- Core Strategy and Urban Core Plan
- Supplementary Planning Documents (SPDs)
- Local Development Scheme
- Five year housing land supply
- Statement of Community Involvement
- Brownfield Register March 2020
- Gateshead Community Infrastructure Levy
- Sustainability Appraisal
- Have your say on planning policy
- Housing delivery test action plan
- Infrastructure Funding Statement
Coronavirus (COVID-19): Arrangements for Planning Policy (Spatial Planning and Housing Strategy)
The Local Plan is made up of a number of documents covering the full set of planning policies that will manage and influence future development in Gateshead.
This sets out the spatial planning framework to deliver economic prosperity. We want to create neighbourhoods that last a lifetime. It is the central document in our Local Plan, containing a spatial vision, objectives, strategy and policies. The plan covers the whole area within Gateshead and Newcastle administrative boundaries. This includes strategic policies and specific policies for the urban core, sub- areas and sites.
MSGP forms Part 3 of our Local Plan. It contains:
- set out detailed policies to both assist applicants, and inform decisions made on planning applications
- allocations of land for particular types of development
- designations of land on the basis of its use or quality, including conservation areas, retail centres and local wildlife sites, for example
- identification of areas where there may be limitations on development.
The policies and allocated sites set out in MSGP will support the implementation of strategic priorities set out in the Core Strategy and Urban Core Plan.
Metrogreen is an area that offers opportunity for the development of a mixed-use sustainable community within Gateshead. The Council is progressing an Area Action Plan for the Metrogreen area.
These set out more detailed guidance around specific issues, such as urban design and alterations to houses.