- Care Call
- Childcare funding
- Communities and environment
- Council Tax
- Corporate Fraud Team
- Corporate Fraud Team data matching
- Democratic services
- Economic Development
- Electoral Registration
- Email marketing
- Financial assessments
- Go Gateshead
- Human resources
- Private Sector Housing
- Public health
- Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
- Taxi and private hire
- Business rates
- Information, Advice and Guidance
- Libraries privacy notice
Procurement privacy notice
Identity and contact details of the Data Controller
The Council is registered with the Information Commissioner's Office as a Data Controller and is committed to protecting the rights of individuals in line with Data Protection legislation.
We are required to register as such. For details of what we collect, hold and share, please visit the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) Data Protection Register and enter Z4824725 to view our register entry.
Contact details of the Data Protection Officer
The Data Protection Officer is responsible for advising the Council on compliance with Data Protection legislation and monitoring its performance against it. If you have any concerns regarding the way in which the Council is processing your personal data, please contact the Data Protection Officer at:
Data Protection Officer
What information do we collect about you?
The Council may collect the following types of personal data about you:
- your name
- your work contact information such as address, email address and telephone number
- if you are a self-employed trader, your Unique Tax Reference (UTR) number
- if you are a trader who is trading from your home address, your home address
How will your information be used?
The personal data that the Council hold may be used for:
- contacting you in connection with a procurement exercise
- contacting you in respect of establishing or managing a contract between the Council and its suppliers
- if you are a self-employed trader, your UTR number in order to confirm that you are registered with HMRC for self-assessment tax purposes.