Business Rates ebilling terms and conditions
- When signing up for paperless ebilling I must provide a valid and current email address.
- I agree to notify Gateshead Council immediately if my e-mail address changes and provide my new email address.
- I understand that it is the responsibility of the company or the person liable for the rate change to information Gateshead Council if an employee, who has registered to receive electronic rate bills, has left the company or employment of the business.
- I understand that Gateshead Council will cancel this agreement if I supply an incorrect or out of date email address and that I would revert to receiving my Business Rates bills by post.
- I understand I am responsible for keeping my password secret to prevent unauthorised viewing of my e-bills. If I suspect this has been compromised I will change my password and also notify the Business Rates team.
- I agree that by signing up to receive Business Rates bills by e-mail, I am entering into an agreement with Gateshead Council to receive all future Business Rates bills electronically and will no longer receive paper bills by post and that it will be my responsibility to sign in and check the online account in order to pay my bills.
- In the event of non-payment I understand that Gateshead Council will issue any Business Rates Reminders for unpaid amounts by paperless ebilling and that it will be my responsibility to sign in and view the online account to view my notices.
- In the event of non-payment I understand that Gateshead council will only issue Final Notices, Court Summonses and other letters relating to non-payment in paper format by post.
- If I wish to cancel my paperless ebilling subscription and return to receiving postal bills, I understand I must notify Gateshead Council of this by contacting the Business Rates team at least 14 days before the next instalment date.
- My details, including my email address, may be used by other Gateshead Council departments but will not be passed to third parties without my permission.
- We reserve the right forthwith to unilaterally terminate this arrangement in the event that the Council, acting reasonably, considers that abuse of the ebilling process has or may occur.
0191 433 4726
Monday to Thursday: 8.45am - 5pm
Friday: 8.45am - 4.30pm