Our parking charter
Our approach to parking enforcement is to be fair but firm and our parking charter outlines how we intend to deliver the best possible service to motorists.
- We will explain and communicate the parking rules.
- Where possible, we will photograph parking contraventions to support the issue of a penalty charge notice.
- We will regularly monitor traffic signs and road markings to help motorists parking throughout the borough.
- We will review our parking services regularly to see how they can be improved, whilst also taking account of resource constraints.
- We will take consistent enforcement action to deter inconsiderate parking.
- We will pursue people who try and evade penalty charges to recover debt owed to the Council.
- We will work with the police to prevent crime and anti-social behaviour and to protect our civil enforcement officers from abuse and violence.
Best possible service
- We will reply as quickly as possible to representations against penalty charge notices, whilst properly investigating motorists' comments
- We will aim to get penalty charge notices right first time using accurate "hand-held" technology
- We will take every opportunity to develop on-line services to improve customer access to information
- We will develop the on-street parking service to include: Blue Badge enforcement, school patrols, advice and information and assistance at special events
Civil Enforcement Officers will adopt a helpful attitude and a consistent approach to enforcement in order to encourage lawful and considerate parking. Our customer promise is that we will always:
- Be professional, fair and courteous.
- Be polite, calm and understanding.
- Be open and honest.
- Offer advice on the appeals procedure if requested.
Objectives of Parking Control
The Council's parking control objectives are to:
- Minimise the use of vehicles in the busiest and congested areas at what experience and research shows to be the most appropriate times.
- At the same time provide sufficient short-stay parking facilities to support shops/commercial organisations and leisure activities, thereby underpinning social and economic life.
- Reduce the risk of accidents.
- Safeguard the needs and requirements of residents, visitors, businesses and other organisations.
- Improve traffic conditions.
- Preserve and improve the infrastructure and the general environment.
- Increase and improve pedestrian and cyclist mobility.
- Regulate and control parking both on and off street.
Phone: 0191 433 3636