- Gateshead Council jobs
- Find a job in Gateshead
- Generation North East (GENE)
- Child work permits
- Disclosure and barring
- The Gateshead Housing Company jobs
- Careers Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG)
- Self employment
- Apprenticeship pool
- Personal Care Assistant jobs (direct payments)
Since 1997 we have helped over 20,000 Gateshead residents into work by providing employment and enterprise support across the borough.
We are responsible for leading the Council's efforts to create a strong, sustainable and inclusive economy and that includes helping our residents to take positive steps towards and into work to maximise their potential.
If you're unemployed and looking for work, trying to secure your first job or just starting to think about work as an option then we can help.
The support we offer is tailored to your needs and recognises that everyone's circumstances are different - there is no 'one way' back to work.
A dedicated Employment Adviser will work with you to understand your needs, existing skills and goals. We will create an action plan with steps to help you move forwards. This may include:
- help with creating or updating your CV, ensuring it impresses employers
- interview techniques and guidance
- digital support such as completing applications online and using Universal Jobmatch
- looking at how you may be financially 'better off' in work
- exploring self-employment as an option
- support once you've started work to help you adjust and ongoing advice when required.
Recruiting people isn't just about qualifications or the experience they bring with them. It's about personality, talent and culture. It's about getting the person who fits in exactly with your ethos and values. We know that finding this person means time and money but that's where we can help...
Gateshead Business offers a free, tailor made service to support new and existing employers in the borough. Our bespoke service can offer you a co-ordinated recruitment and skills package including:
- Labour market information
- Advice and guidance on the recruitment process
- Pre-employment training
- Advertising of vacancies
- Pre screening of applicants prior to submission
- Premises to conduct interviews
- Recruitment events
- Dedicated point of contact throughout recruitment process.
Find out more about recruitment support at Gateshead Business
Our Information, Advice and Guidance Policy
Our Information, Advice and Guidance Policy [130.85KB] provides our customers with information on the Economic Development Service, our vision, values and purpose.
The policy summarises what information, advice and guidance is, how to access our services, how our customers can help us and our commitments to customers that we support. There is also information on how we use your information with confidentiality and how you as a customer can feedback; whether a compliment, comment or complaint.
We understand that often there are barriers that need to be addressed prior to starting work, for example finance and benefits advice, or help with housing. Some organisations that may be able to help include:
- The Money Advice Service
- Citizens Advice
- National Careers Service
- Housing Support
- Skills for Life
- Family Learning
If you would like to find out more about our service or would like to make an appointment please contact us directly or speak to your Work Coach at Job Centre Plus. If you have received support from our service and would like to provide feedback please contact us directly.
0191 433 3000