Toggle menu

Pay your Housing Benefit overpayment

You will need

  • your invoice number or customer reference
  • a credit or debit card

Pay Housing Benefit overpayment or Check your Housing Benefit overpayment balance

Other payment options

By phone

Phone 0800 052 3455 quoting your account number and your card details.

By cheque

Payable to Gateshead Council. Write your account number on the back of the cheque and post to:

Finance and ICT Services, Civic Centre, Regent Street, Gateshead, NE8 1HH. 




Our payment forms are safe and secure.


Question mark
 Help with the online payment process.