- Housing Benefit
- Benefit calculator
- Local Crisis Support
- Universal Credit
- Discretionary Housing Payments
- Challenge a benefit decision
- Benefit fraud
- Education benefits
- Claiming benefits if you're self-employed
- Benefits support and advice
- How your benefit could be reduced
- Benefits forms and leaflets
- Report a change in circumstances
Housing Benefit - overpayments
Other payment options
Phone 0800 052 3455 quoting your account number and your card details.
Payable to Gateshead Council. Write your account number on the back of the cheque and post to:
Finance and ICT Services, Civic Centre, Regent Street, Gateshead, NE8 1HH.
Pay in person
Payments in person suspended
Please be aware that due to the current coronavirus situation all of our buildings are closed to the public, and all payments in person have been suspended.
Payment may be made in person with cash, cheque, credit or debit card at the Civic Centre Cashiers desk, Ground Floor, Civic Centre, Regent Street, Gateshead, NE8 1HH.
Monday to Thursday 8.45am to 4.30pm
Friday 8.45am to 4pm