- Recipe card number one - Mild chicken curry, steamed rice and naan bread
- Recipe card number two - French pizza bread
- Recipe card number three - Spanish chicken and vegetable tray bake
- Recipe card number four - Mexican bean chilli, steamed rice and cheddar cheese (vegetarian)
- Recipe card number five - Beef burgers, rainbow salad and baked wedges
- Recipe card number six - Creamy courgette and pea pasta (vegetarian)
- Recipe card number seven - Spaghetti bolognese
Recipe card number eight - Minestrone soup (vegetarian)
- one tablespoon oil
- one onion, chopped
- two carrots, peeled and diced
- three Celery sticks, diced
- one teaspoon garlic puree
- two tablespoons tomato puree
- two teaspoon mixed herbs
- one 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1.2 litres / two pints vegetable stock, made from one stock cube
- 400g tin of cannellini or borlotti beans, drained and rinsed
- 100g dried spaghetti, broken into short lengths
- ¼ head green cabbage, finely shredded
- salt and pepper to season
- parmesan or cheddar cheese
- Heat the oil in a large lidded saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion, carrots and celery, season with a little salt and pepper and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until the vegetables have softened.
- Add the garlic and fry for another minute. Stir in the tomato purée and cook for a further three minutes.
- Tip in the tomatoes and stock. Cover with a lid and bring slowly to the boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the beans and pasta and cook for a further 10 minutes, or until the pasta is cooked. Add the cabbage and cook for another two minutes. If the soup is too thick, add some hot water to reach your preferred consistency.
Cool any leftovers and refrigerate overnight. Enjoy the next day, reheated until piping hot.