As part of the Gateshead team, you will enjoy favourable terms and conditions, attractive benefits packages, and employee development to help you reach your full potential.
- competitive salary
- membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- annual leave entitlement supplemented by flexible time scheme (subject to role), plus the opportunity to buy extra leave
- relocation package (where applicable)
- flexible and agile working arrangements (subject to role)
- staff offers scheme which gives you access to a wide range of employee benefits and discounts
- cycle to work scheme
- discounted travel scheme
- access to health and wellbeing services
- Social work career progression opportunities - Practice Educator, AMHP, BIA
- CPD opportunities
- Social work apprenticeships
"During my time with Gateshead, I have completed an array of qualifications which include my professional social work training, including AMHP and BIA, and a Master's Degree in Mental Health Professional Practice, and more recently the Principal Social Work Leadership Award. I always knew I wanted to directly work with people, to make a difference, I like to talk....this is my perfect job"- Team Manager, Assessment and Care Planning
We recognise that our staff is our most important resource. We are committed to the belief that the continuous personal learning is essential to the improvement and progress of services.
We will invest in you to make sure you have the right skills and experience to provide a high quality service to the people of Gateshead, and we expect a high quality of practice in return. To help you achieve this we have developed clear expectations and standards for our core social care and social work activities. For those people working in regulated professions (social workers, occupational therapists and so on) we create a learning and development environment that enables you to achieve your CPD requirements.
"Staff received opportunities for training including specialist training to meet peoples' care needs and in a safe way. A system was in place for staff to receive supervision and appraisal and there were robust recruitment processes being used when staff were employed." - CQC 2018, Shadon House