As part of the Gateshead team, you will enjoy favourable terms and conditions, attractive benefits packages, and staff development opportunities to help you reach your full potential.
- competitive salary
- membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Generous annual leave entitlement, plus the opportunity to buy extra leave
- relocation package (where applicable)
- flexible working arrangements
- staff offers scheme which gives you access to a wide range of employee benefits and discounts
- annual leave purchase scheme
- cycle to work scheme
- discounted travel scheme
- access to health and wellbeing services
"I have gained a breadth of practice experience and knowledge whilst being supported and encouraged to undertake training and shadowing opportunities in other areas to further my knowledge". - Social Work Practitioner
We recognise that our staff is our most important resource. We are committed to the belief that the continuous personal learning is essential to the improvement and progress of services.
We will invest in you to make sure you have the right skills and experience to provide a high quality service to the people of Gateshead. We also expect a high quality of social work practice in return. To help you achieve this we have created clear practice standards covering our core social work activities.
"Leaders and managers have created a culture in which social workers are valued and feel valued. Staff are positive about the support, guidance and training they receive and the visibility of senior managers." - Ofsted, 2019